So how much do you love milking the last bit of the sun? It’s autumn (fall for my US readers) it’s my favourite time of the year, I love nothing more than being indoors all cosy, heating on, slippers & dressing down (sorry no sexy slinky PJ’S here😂) That feeling of contentment…. a nice warm drink (like these) & all the good shows are making their appearance back on TV/Netflix.
Post Contains Affiliate Links full disclosure can be found on my Disclaimer page.
While I love the feeling of “Hygge”…. my kid doesn’t!
She likes exploring, climbing, letting her inner wildness loose! Whilst I write this, I am sitting in the park feeling a lil chilly, while she runs a ruckus! 🙄
The good thing about this time of year is the abundance of exploring nature & wildlife that can be done, this is a crafting mum’s dream, because you can get the kids outdoors hunting for all things “Autumn!!” This is something that my daughter has never experienced before. She is used to the blazing heat in Dubai….there’s no Autumn & certainly no chill – ever! So, she has discovered lots of new things that she never had the pleasure to experience before, I really have taken for granted the wonders of growing up somewhere with more than one season (Yes we occasionally have more than rain in the UK!)
When I see her getting excited about CONKERS (who hasn’t seen them??) My daughter apparently!😳 it makes me realise these little things & I feel grateful!
On the weekend she had me out in the rain looking for conkers, she thinks it’s great! It’s all new to her, this Dubai baby (born in London but never experienced it) has really found rain & autumn a wonderfully amazing time of year! – oh to be a kid again! ….. Can’t wait till the freezing temperatures arrive! :S
To really take advantage of the season, we need to tackle a few things before the colder days set in!! So here is my bucket-list of things to do – It just might help you get the most out of being outdoors while you still can too!
- Take a walk in the wild & in an open space or park & enjoy the changing colours of everything around me
- Try new, autumn-inspired recipes like Homemade Pumpkin Soup!
- Make Toffee Apples
- Do a nature scavenger hunt
- Carve a pumpkin – I have NEVER carved a pumpkin, nor ever cooked one! 1st time for everything!
- Attend a Halloween party.
- Knit a Beenie Hat or Scarf (Good Intentions & all that)
- Watch Some Fireworks
- Collect Autumn goodies for Arts & Craft – Conkers, Acorns & Pine Cones.
- Let my crazy child free & let her jump in leaves & muddy puddles – NOTE – Must buy wellies first!!
- Drink Hot Chocolate & Horlicks till my heart’s content 😛
- Make Autumn play dough.
- Bake an Apple Crumble.
- Go on an Autumn picnic.
- Roast Marshmallows
- Create an Autumn Scrapbook
These are all can-do things to be done! Don’t miss the opportunity of these crisp days & enjoy your time! What other things would you add to this list? Anything “Spiced”? Do you have a good Pumpkin Soup Recipe to share with me? Let me know in the comments below & don’t forget to share!!