Want to twist up the norm? then lets make some pizza that will taste as pretty as it looks!
Here is yet another take on the old kid favorite – Pizza! …. It can get pretty boring right? They always seem to want to eat the same stuff & even though there are plenty of topping options, I must admit, it’s not always as impressive!
Sure there’s my delicious Pizza Bombs, or the game changing Stromboli but sometimes we want a whole different kinda pizza, one that will make em say wow!
Imagine Cinnamon rolls – with a savory twist. You can add any fillings you like, if you have leftovers, even better – ThrifDee! Use this with my fool proof pizza dough & you’ve got a winner!
- 1/2 Lb Pizza Dough (I used my Fool Proof Pizza Dough Recipe)
- 1 egg beaten
- 3 Cloves of Minced Garlic
- ½ Cup Pizza Sauce (add more if needed)
- 3 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- ½ Cup Chopped Pepperoni, Mergez, Minced Beef (whatever filling you're using)
- 1 Cup Black Olives (Optional)
- 2 Tsp Italian herbs
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Transfer your fool proof dough to a floured work surface, and roll it into a rectangle approximately 12 inches by 24 inches.
- Spread the minced garlic across the dough followed by a thin layer of pizza sauce, then cheese and toppings.
- Be sure to leave a narrow margin around the edges uncovered it will stick after.
- Starting with a long edge, gently roll the dough into a log keeping it tightly together but careful not to tear the dough.
- Once rolled into a log, slice the rolls 3” thick with some butchers string, or any clean yarn you have in the home.
- Set them on a baking tray lined with baking paper, Spacing the rolls about 2 inches apart.
- Add a pinch of salt & pepper to the egg-wash, brush all over the rolls and sprinkle some Nigella Seeds (If using)
- (AT THIS POINT YOU CAN REFRIGERATE TO BAKE OFF THE FOLLOWING DAY IF YOU WISH)
- Cover the tray, and allow the rolls to rise until they're puffed up, about 45 minutes -1 hour. (depending on how hot your kitchen is).
- Towards the end of the rising time, preheat the oven.
- Uncover the baking tray, & bake the rolls for 35 to 40 minutes, until they're a deep golden brown. Rotate the tray during baking so they can get golden brown all over.
- Remove the tray from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes.
These are as pretty as they are tasty! You can dress them up or down however you like and serve them as a main or a entree with a dip!
So what do you think of pizza rolls? Will you give them a try? There are many different fillings to choose from, maybe you want to go veggie, or add some spicy Tikka to give it a different taste?
If you have any other variations let me know in the comments below & don’t forget to share!