Right here!! ……… This stuff is ahhhhmazingggg! No introduction needed….
There I am looking through Pintrest & come across something that sounds crazy, but, has been pinned over 38,000 times…… must be good right??
Monkey Butter is all over the internet! So, I decided to give it a try & see what all the fuss was about!
Post Contains Affiliate Links full disclosure can be found on my Disclaimer page.
This has got to be the most tropical concoction I’ve ever tasted!… to be honest, I was still expecting something “meh” when in fact my mouth exploded from the flavours!! 😍
It’s super easy & only has 5 ingredients, best of all, home made means it contains no nasties.
You know exactly what’s in it, not like some of the jams/spreads on the market!
- 5 Ripe Bananas (no spots & no nearly ripe ones, as yellow as possible!)
- 1 Tin of Pineapple (cubed or crushed is fine) WITH the juice!
- 1 Cup of dessicated/powdered coconut
- 1 Cup of sugar (you might want to put less)
- 2-3 Tbsp Lemon Juice, feel free to add more to your taste (bottled is fine)
- In a non stick pot throw in your sliced Bananas, tin of Pineapple, juice included. Coconut, Sugar & Lemon.
- Bring to a rapid boil & keep stirring
- Once bubbling turn down the heat to simmer
- Keep an eye on it & stir regularly until the banana & pineapple incorporates, softens & the sauce thickens.
- Leave to cool a little & use a potato masher to crush any lumps if any, once completely cooled, put into glass jars & refrigerate.
This is cheap to make & lasts for up to 4 weeks in the fridge…. but honestly, it tastes so damn good, it ain’t lasting past the weekend! 😛
It’s a great source of energy & another way to get those extra fruits into your diet.
You can smack this on anything, we love it on Toast with Peanut Butter, but it goes lovely with Waffles & Nutella, Pancakes, Crumpets, with Ice Cream or in smoothies!
This foolproof recipe is sooooo yummy!!
The kids loved it & I will be spreading this on everything TRUST ME! #tropical #party in my mouth!! ❤️ #banana #pineapple #coconut ….. Lush!
Let me know what you put yours on in the comments below & don’t forget to share!