This Easy Lemon Butter Fish only takes 20 minutes and a handful of ingredients. What more could you ask of an easy #bishbashbosh weeknight meal?
We all want to give the brood something delicious & nutritious, but we don’t always have the time to be faffin about in the kitchen. That’s where my super easy pan fried fish in a rich lemon butter sauce comes in!
This easy recipe is doable with any tender, flaky, mild white fish, a nice fresh cod or halibut will do! Just make sure your fish is a decent thickness, you don’t want it breaking up in the pan!
No need to put this recipe off until you’ve done the weekly shop because you’re most probably hoarding the ingredients in your kitchen as we speak!
Post Contains Affiliate Links full disclosure can be found on my Disclaimer page
So ill give you what you’ve come for, my fish in lemon butter sauce recipe –
- 2 Fish Fillets
- 1/2 Cup Of All Purpose Flour
- 1 Stick Of Butter (I use salted)
- 2 Lemons (juiced, save half for sauce)
- 1/2 a stock cube
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Handful of Coriander
- Wash & prepare your fish and wash/soak in lemon.
- While you soak the fish in lemon, lay some flour on a plate and season the flour generously with salt & pepper.
- Shake off the excess liquid from the fish and dredge into the flour & make sure it's all coated completely.
- Melt some butter in a pan and lightly fry the fish on all sides until golden brown.
- Set fish aside and in the same pan melt some more butter.
- Once melted, squeeze in half of the lemon juice & add half a cup of stock water, handful of coriander & more butter as desired.
- Simmer for a few minutes and serve over fish.
The cook time can vary depending on the thickness of your fish, I'd say 3-4mins each side should be enough.
This is down to each persons personal preference, You can play this by eye and taste, some people prefer a more lemony sauce, while others like it more rich, So add to your liking. It can be teamed up with anything, from a herby rice creamy mash, roast paprika potatoes or steamed veg!
This is definitely tender, lemony, buttery, and lush!
Drizzle the sauce over your fish & enjoy it with your favorite side dish and enjoy!
How do you like yours? Was this recipe time saving enough? Let me know in the comments below & don’t forget to tag @thrifdee_dubai & share!