I’m going to let you into a little secret! It’s a no brainer that you need to look after your skin, but do we really need to spend an arm & a leg on beauty products?
Especially when we have a plethora of good, natural products right under our noses!
I love to treat myself & get a little luxury now & then, don’t we all? But sometimes our skin is crying out for something natural!
I’m not going to tell you all of the benefits that these potions have, it’s pretty self explanatory, they’re 100% natural & good for your skin! Nor am I going to give you a science lesson! These are ingredients that you have lying around the house & I’m just going to tell you how to use them, so let’s get cracking!
Here’s my top 5 ThrifDee Skin Hacks!
Brown Sugar Peppermint & Olive Oil Scrub –
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 15 drops peppermint essential oil
- Combine the ingredients until you get a coarse paste. Do not heat the oil as this might cause the sugar to melt.
- Cleanse your skin and apply this paste onto it.
- Use your fingers to gently massage the mixture, in circular motions, on your skin.
- Take 5-10 minutes to gently massage and exfoliate your body, spending 1-2 minutes on each part.
- Wash the mixture off using lukewarm water.
This is a refreshing scrub that wakes you up & keeps your skin soft, supple & revitalised. Using 1-2 times per week is all thats needed.
Apple Cider Vinegar Facial Toner –
- 1 small glass of filtered or mineral water
- 2Tbsp of Raw Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- Few drops of Lavender Essential Oil (Optional)
- For normal to dry skin, mix 1/3 part vinegar to 2/3 part filtered water. Add a few drops (you can add 5-10 drops per 2 oz. of mixture) of Lavender oil.
- For oily and acne-prone skin, mix 1/2 part vinegar and 1/2 part filtered water. Add a few drops ( add 5-10 drops per 2 oz. of mixture) of lavender oil.
- Store in a glass bottle at room temperature.
- Use toner twice a day – first thing in the morning and right before bed.
This is amazing for toning and can be used for all skin types. For oily and acne-prone skin, it helps to treat acne and reduce redness. For dry and normal skin, also helps to exfoliate skin and reduce wrinkles.
Whipped Coconut Oil Body Butter –
- 2 Cups Of Natural Coconut Oil
- Few drops of essential oil of your choice (if using)
- Scoop coconut oil into a mixing bowl.
- Break the coconut oil up into chunks.
- Turn the mixer on high and whip the coconut oil.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and continue to whip until all the coconut oil is soft and fluffy.
- If you’re going to add essential oils, add now.
- Scoop coconut oil moisturizer into a storage container.
- Use in place of lotion and body butter.
Does exactly what it says on the tin… it’s a whipped moisturiser, no explanation needed!
Honey & Yogurt Mask –
- 1Tbsp Raw honey, or Manuka Honey
- 2Tbsp Natural Yogurt
- Mix the raw honey with yogurt
- Apply to face & let sit for 20minutes
- Remove using a warm wash cloth (Not your tongue😜)
This is very hydrating & leaves the skin feeling fresh & loved again!
Avocado Honey Moisturiser –
- 3Tbsp Fresh Cream
- 1/4 Ripe Avocado
- 1Tbsp Raw or Manuka Honey
- Place all ingredients into a blender and puree into a smooth cream
- Apply it to your skin &leave for at least an hour
- Rinse off with warm water.
Very good at making your complexion look smooth & plumping the skin & wrinkles.
So there you have it! My 5 ThrifDee Skin Hacks!
These are cheap, accessible & easily made from scratch at home! So why not give theme a try? Share in the comments & let me know what magic potions you use on your skin?