I wanted to introduce you to my cheat version of a super quick #bishbashbosh easy weeknight meal that the kids will love.
So thrifty, as you can use any filling/leftovers & you can either use store bought dough. Perish the thought! 😂 or you can easily make at home for a cheaper more healthy alternative!
Today I’m showing you my store bought dough version as that’s what I used …. I didn’t get time ahead to make the dough before, so get what you’re given!! (That’s what I tell the kids) 😎 I made it with minced lamb, but like I said, feel free to add any ingredients, mergez sausage, pepperoni, grilled veg, any cheese combo, shredded chicken…. anything you fancy, leftovers work great too!
I use my VC Home pastry/dough mat to help me out, which is a lifesaver!
I got mine from eBay whilst at home in London, for a thrifty £3 (around 15AED) but you can find them at Homecentre and a few other home stores across Dubai, I’m sure the price is more, like most things here! But they are really worth It, a very nifty little thing to have available in the kitchen!
- 1 Roll of store bought pizza dough
- Pizza sauce (I crush tomatoes & cook with sauteed onions & garlic, any spices you like, & mixed herbs) but store bought works fine if you’re pressed for time.
- Garlic butter (just crush garlic salt & parsley into melted butter, tastes better when made ahead I usually make it weekly and use it with a variety of recipes such as garlic bread or smashed roasted spuds)
- Minced beef or lamb (amount is up to you)
- Handfull of Mozzarella cheese
- Egg wash for closing the bombs
- 1 tsp Cajun spice mix (if using – omit as you like)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a non stick pan, sautee some chopped onion in a little olive oil until browned slightly, add garlic and stir until fragrant & add the mince, once browned add the salt & pepper, mixed herbs & Cajun spice mix if using.
- Add the pizza sauce & simmer till thickened with the mince, 10 minutes should be enough.
- Set aside to cool down.
Once the mince has cooled grab your dough & roll out flat if using home made… using a bowl or large cup, cut some circles in your dough and begin to fill your bombs. Brush the edges with egg wash and add a pinch of mozzarella in the middle & sauce mix on top… You only need a little (maybe a tbsp) depending on your bomb sizes… if smaller go with a tsp scoop as you don’t want the sauce exploding through the dough as you wrap.
Bring the dough together pinching with your fingers then flip upside down onto a lightly greased oven dish and brush the top with the garlic butter & sprinkle some mixed herbs for decoration.
That’s It! 10-15 minutes that’s all that’s needed for these babies!
They’re super quick, so delicious & easy! Kid friendly, they love them & they’re great for serving while watching a game or having a sleepover!
Give them a try & let me know your variations & fillings in the comments below & don’t forget to share!! 🙂