Post Contains Affiliate Links full disclosure can be found on my Disclaimer page.
I have all good intentions, but never get around to them, but every now & then I get the urge to whip up a treat for the kids, ……Apple Crumble is one of my favorite all time desserts & so are muffins….
It made sense to put the two together, since my kids usually argue over portions of ANYTHING! I decided to make muffins… individual hand held desserts = no arguing – Score!!
I’m just going to get straight into it, and give you what you’ve came for!
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 apples - peeled, cored and chopped
- (I used the left over apple pulp from juicing in my Kenwood Pure Juicer)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- Stir together 1 1/2 cup flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt, baking powder and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Mix in oil, egg and milk.
- Fold in apples.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling to the top of the cup.
- In a small bowl,stir together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, butter and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix together by rubbing with your hands to make a crumble or with fork and sprinkle over unbaked muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean, enjoy!
Let me know what you would put in your muffins in the comments below, tag @thrifdee_dubai & share your snaps on Instagram using the hashtag #Bishbashbosh
Until next time….