Yes please!! If, like me you’re running around like a blue ar*ed fly 247 with “no chill” You’ll need something to kick start that energy!
Being recently ill, I realised just how much of an impact my diet was having on my health…. always feeling lethargic, tired & down right lazy! I blamed it on…. well, just being lazy 😳 …. but it isn’t always the case, sometimes you need to switch it up & take care of yourself! Even if it’s as simple as a little smoothie in the morning, it can make a whole world of difference! You don’t wanna be slouched on the sofa feeling frazzled by lunchtime when you’ve a family to take care of! So make it a point to give yourself a boost!
Post Contains Affiliate Links full disclosure can be found on my Disclaimer page.
These 5 smoothies are quick, tasty, family friendly and won’t break the bank!
Monkey Blueberry Chia Seed Shake -
A tasty shake using Monkey Butter
- 1/2 a Banana add more if you like it thicker
- Handful of Blueberries
- 2 Tbsp Monkey Butter Optional
- Half cup of milk
- 2 Tsp of Chia Seeds.
- 1 Tsp Honey (Optional.
Place all ingredients into a blender & mix until smooth. Serve immediately.
The Monkey Butter is a flavorful addition to this shake!
Strawberry Blueberry Banana Flax & Chia Shake -
- 1/2 a banana
- Handful of Blueberries
- Handful of Strawberries
- 2 Tsp Chia Seeds
- 1 Tsp of Ground Flax Seed Whole also works
- 1 Tsp Honey Optional
- Half a cup of Cows Milk/Almond Milk
Apple Chia Colon Clense Shake -
- 1 Apple
- 1 Tsp Honey for sweetness
- 1 TBsp Chia seeds
- 1 TBsp Ground flaxseeds ground is easier to digest than whole
- 1 Cup Water/Coconut Water
Blend all ingredients together except the chia.
Pour contents of blender into a glass and stir in the chia.
Leave it and keep stirring the drink now & then until the chia seeds have started expanding (approx. 5 minutes).
Avocado Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie -
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 1 medium ripe frozen banana
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk more or less to desired consistency
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract optional, but recommended
Add everything into a blender and blend on high for about 2 - 4 minutes, or until smooth and creamy. Add more milk as needed to reach your desired thickness.
Such a great way to sneak in the avocado, the chocolaty goodness hides it from even the picky kids 😉
Blue/Green Brain Food Smoothie -
- 1/2 Banana
- 1/2 Cup of Kale or Spinach fresh or frozen
- 1/2 Cup of Blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1/2 Cup Plain Low Fat Yogurt/Natural Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tbsp Flax Seed ground
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon powder
- 2 Handfuls of ice or 1/2 cup of water Optional for desired consistency
- 1 tsp Honey Optional
Mix all in blender until desired consistency is reached, serve chilled.
This is a super smoothie for brain development for kids, the antioxidants really boost brain power & memory, great to keep them focused at school.
So there’s my top 5 smoothies to keep you energized, focused & full!
Let me know in the comments which smoothies you like to give your family? & don’t forget to share!!